Friday, January 11, 2008

Bless the Broken Road

This song had been in my head all week. I knew the Lord must be reminding me of it for a reason especially when I heard it on the radio several times. In addition, I came across a CD I have had for months by SELAH that I did not open until this morning. I remembered that I had it, but I did not realize this song, "Bless the Broken Road" was on this CD.

The woman who wrote this song shares the testimony that she did not marry the man who was to be her husband until she was 34. She shares about her frustration of waiting for a husband and that she continually had to give God the reigns in this area. Along the broken road she knew that God was in control.

Everytime I hear this song, it reminds me of how I found God along so many bumps and cracks in the road. Those flaws in the highway even knocked me off the prefererd path God had for me. But He was always there waiting for me to turn to Him in my desperate moments of anguish and heartache. He rescued me and set me back on the road. I love the words to this song.

" EVERY LONG LOST DREAM LED ME TO WHERE YOU ARE
OTHERS WHO BROKE MY HEART
THEY WERE JUST NORTHERN STARS
POINTING ME ON MY WAY
INTO YOUR LOVING ARMS
THIS MUCH I KNOW IS TRUE
GOD BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD
THAT LED ME STRAIGHT TO YOU."

This is just one verse in the song. But if you listen to the words it really describes how God pursues us to save us. His passion for us is more than I can bear at times. He romances us all through our lives. And the road is truly blessed, no matter how broken, that leads us into deeper places with Him. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

ISAIAH 40:4

Every valley shall be exalted, And every mountain and hill brough low, the CROOKED places shall be made straight, And the rough places smooth.

I also want to dedicate this blog to Sara, my daughter who is eleven years old today. You are a treasure to my heart, a priceless gift from God. Happy Birthday. I love you.


Click on the you tube at the top of this page to listen to the song, BLESS THE BROKEN ROAD. Make sure you click on the first box to see the words as the song plays.

No comments: